Data Controller and Data Processor
J Woodford Family Funeral Service and Woodford Family Funeral Service are trading names of Woodford Family Funeral Service Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales, registered number 10136077 of The Old Forge, Smithbrook Barns, Cranleigh, Surrey GU6 8LH.
Your privacy is important to us. We comply with and are registered under the data protection laws in the United Kingdom and take all reasonable steps to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data. The processing of personal data shall be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You are entitled to see details of the information we hold about you. You will be asked for appropriate identification when you request copies of personal information. If any of the information held is inaccurate we will make any necessary amendments and confirm to you that these have been made.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- where you have given us your consent to pass your personal data to third parties in order to complete the funeral arrangements
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us.
We do not use your data for marketing purposes.
How to contact us
Personal information we may collect from you
Data Processing Summary Statement
Personal data we may collect from you
Personal data is any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect from you information that you provide when you request from us a service or product via written communications including emails, telephone conversations or face to face discussions either at our offices or elsewhere, which may include your:
- postal and email addresses
- telephone numbers
- date of birth (for pre-need funeral arrangements only)
- any other information required to complete paperwork (statutory or otherwise) necessary for use in our normal course of business to provide the services and products you have requested from us, and also for administration purposes.
Such data will be stored on our funeral arrangement forms (at need or pre need), or our monumental memorial forms, by hard copy held in our office and by soft copy on our computer.
Why we collect and process your data
- to contact you by phone and/or in writing (email and/or letter) to make funeral arrangements (at need or pre need)
- to visit you if you instruct us to your home or other address to make funeral arrangements (at need or pre need)
- to perform the contract to provide funeral services as instructed by you
- to pass on your details to third parties as noted below*
- to contact you after the funeral has taken place when we close any donation memorial fund
- to forward to you our account after the funeral has taken place
- to contact you from time to time for updating instructions regarding retention of the deceased’s ashes and to make arrangements for their final resting place
- to contact you by phone and/or in writing (email and/or letter) to arrange a monumental memorial
- to reply to enquiries about our services
We will only transfer your personal data outside the United Kingdom if you instruct us to make funeral arrangements with third parties in another country; e.g. where the deceased or cremated remains are to be collected from abroad or where a funeral or interment/scattering of ashes is to take place abroad.
*Disclosure of your data to others
In order to provide our products and services, we may need to pass information on to third parties including crematoria, cemeteries, catering venues, musicians, florists, printers, newspapers in the case of an obituary, civil celebrants, clergy, parish offices, local or municipal council offices, doctors, coroner/coroner’s officers, charities, our accountant (Oakwood Business Consultants, with whom we have a regulated agreement) and, if necessary, our debt collection agency.
Providing data about other people
If you are providing us with another person’s data you should ask them to also read this Data Processing Summary Statement and our Privacy and Retention Policies. By giving us information about another person you are confirming that they have given you consent to provide the information to us.
We retain our funeral arrangement forms and monumental masonry forms, which contain your personal data (name, address, telephone number, email address) indefinitely for:
- use of archived records for reference purposes, repeat of family services, burial plot information (location/ownership)
- future request to exhume the remains of a deceased person/cremated remains
We retain our accounting records for a minimum of six years.